Thursday, January 7, 2010

favorite gifts

As I mentioned in the previous post, John and I enjoyed some wonderful moments in Tennessee with our families. And obviously the time and memories are irreplaceable and unforgettable; in addition to the Christmas messages of peace, hope, grace and love. I think I did well in my desire to "take time to be holy" and succeeded in enjoying the moments.

However, and also just as obvious, I am somewhat more materialistic than I would like to be. I wish it weren't so, but there it is. So I can't not tell you about some of the great gifts I got!


{behold my new Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker, which I have already used several times for several recipes, not the least of which is this frozen yogurt recipe from Oh Joy! via Design*Sponge}


{some great new jewelry including, but not limited to, these lovelies, which will aid in my mid-year's resolution to add accessories}

{Beauty and the Beast on DVD which I have strongly desired since my Pandora broadway station played some selections months ago and which my super husband found for me on ebay}

{some delicious homebaked bread from my sis-in-law that has inspired me to be more bold with my baking; which I will achieve through the help of some super useful cookbooks from another sis-in-law and mom}

{some hammered copper doors my little brother finished for a cabinet- I've been waiting for them for a while!}

{a lottery ticket! from which I won another ticket! from which I won $5!}

I absolutely loved everything I got - even/especially the little stuff. But honestly, the best gift was spending time with family and friends that I don't get to see nearly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment