Thursday, January 21, 2010

away we go

I am really loving my netflix subscription. We've only gotten a few dvds so far, but I've enjoyed catching up on Big Love. And Away We Go was fantastic.

If you haven't seen this movie, you are missing out. I love the stroller scene. Laugh out loud.

The soundtrack is great as well. I am definitely a new fan of Alexi Murdoch and really enjoy George Harrison's What is Life.





I watched the movie a couple of weeks ago and have thought a lot about it since. It was so quiet and unassuming. Different people flowed in and out of Burt and Verona's life as they searched for their place and what they needed out of life.

It was a great lesson in making purposeful decisions about the kind of life you lead. Nothing is predetermined. Your decisions are your own.

In the end, all they needed was each other and a stronghold on a piece of the past that was lost.

3 comments:

  1. Check out "Orange Sky" by Alexi... One of my all time favorite soothing songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... just realized he did an updated version of "Orange Sky" for Away We Go. The version from The OC's Mix 1 is much better and more sweet, IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - and now that I've listened to the song I realized I've always been a fan - just didn't know it!

    ReplyDelete