Friday, February 26, 2010

mi cocina {dried chickpeas}

So...it has been a while since I've done this. I promise its not because I haven't been cooking new things. I have! I just haven't had time to write about it.

This is one of my favorite new snacks. John and I have been trying to eat new and better things and these have been a life saver for me over the past few weeks.

Dried Chickpeas
2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
pinch of cayenne pepper

Toss the ingredients then spread the chickpeas in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes or until golden. Shake the pan a few times during cooking.

These are delicious! You can alter the spices to your liking. I haven't been using that much salt but more cayenne pepper. I also tried it once with some Mexican chili-lime spices instead of the pepper. It was good, but I like the cayenne better. I will keep experimenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment